Become a GymBC member club
Any new club wanting to be recognized as a full member club of GBC, must submit a new full member club application package with the $300 membership fee, for consideration by the GBC Board of Directors.
Acceptance of New Club Membership
The GBC Board of Directors reviews all new full member club applications at its quarterly meetings (November, February, May and August; please contact GBC for exact dates). Applications must be received at least two weeks before the meeting.
The board has the sole discretion to approve or deny full member club membership.
Following this review, notification of status will be sent to the applicant. Conditional acceptance may be given until the board can meet to review and approve the application.
The board may refuse a new application for membership for reasons including, but not limited to:
- incomplete application
- history of failing to be a member in good standing with any other provincial or national sport organization
- concern over training, safety, personnel or risk management issues
If the new full member club membership is denied, the membership fees will be returned to the applicant.
Applications approved after October 15, receive a pro-rated portion of the membership fees.
All new clubs are placed on probation for one year to ensure compliance with all GBC policies.
All new clubs on probation with GBC are required to provide a deposit against membership fees. The deposit is based on the number of programs offered and anticipated membership size of the club.
Number of members and deposit amount
- Under 100 members: $500
- Up to 300 members: $1,500
- Up to 500 members: $2,000
The deposit is held by GBC until the end of the club’s probationary period. Interest is applied to the deposit at prime plus 1% (established at the time of deposit). At the club’s request, the deposit plus interest can either be returned or utilized against future invoices. At any time during the probationary period GBC may, at its discretion, apply all or part of the deposit to invoices in arrears.
All clubs on probation are required to make payments at the time the invoice is issued. New clubs are not extended a 30 day grace period to pay any account.
How to Register a NEW Full Member Club
For a new club to become a GBC full member club, the following must be submitted for consideration by the GBC Board of Directors:
- Letter of introduction (describing the club, facility, staff, coaching ratio)
- Completed GBC new full member club application form (complete online or download form) including promotional material or website detailing program information.
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing or business license
- Letter from landlord, city, municipality, or lease confirming training location
- Copy of police record checks for principals or officers (e.g. owner, manager, head coach), if not already on file with GBC
- $300 membership fee
Brittany Cawson, Member Services Coordinator, 604-333-3498, firstname.lastname@example.org