Sanctioning a club event
Hosting competitive and recreational events are great opportunities to promote gymnastics while giving participants fun opportunities. All GBC club events (competitive, Interclub & recreational) must be sanctioned by Gymnastics BC.
2016-17 sanctioning process
GBC member clubs wishing to host a GBC sanctioned competitive event must complete and submit the trampoline and/or artistic sanctioning application form with payment by June 30, 2016.
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications made by email (no forms and/or payment attached) will not be considered.
Clubs are strongly encouraged to provide alternate dates as first choices cannot be guaranteed. There may be several competitions on each weekend. GBC will do our best to minimize conflicts but may not be able to in all circumstances.
It is also recommended that clubs contact the other clubs in their zone to discuss dates and to avoid conflicts with other events within their zones.
Sanctioning Memo, Applications Forms and Sport Equipment Rental Agreement:
- 2016-17 Sanctioning Memo and Provisional Calendar
- 2016-17 Application Form for Artistic Gymnastics Sanctioned Events
- 2016-17 Application Form for Trampoline Sanctioned Events
- 2016-17 Gymnastics BC/SA Sport Equipment Rental Agreement
- Sanctioning faqs
For applications received by June 30: $30
Applications received after June 30: $200
All clubs hosting sanctioned events must:
- Apply for sanctioning by GBC
- Send information bulletins/workplans to club and GBC at least eight weeks prior to the competition
- Have a registration deadline not less than four weeks prior to the beginning of the competition
- Verify that all athletes are registered with GBC
- Determine the meet schedule and contact the judging chairperson
- Respect the GBC equipment norms for all events
- Provide a copy of the results to clubs and to GBC
- Complete guidelines for hosting a GBC sanctioned event are included in the GBC Events, Sanctioning and Hosting Protocols
- Provide GBC with a copy of the meet results in electronic PDF format
- Optional: complete the Meet Director’s Report form and return to GBC within 14 days following the competition
Sanctioning Protocols & FAQs
Hosting international participants
GCG authorization form H must be completed for all international activities that will occur in Canada.
Activities include, but are not limited to, events, competitions, training camps, clinics, courses, etc which include participants from a foreign country.
Andrée Montreuil, Technical Director, 604-333-3491, email@example.com
Vanessa Albert, Communications & Marketing Manager, 604-333-3492, firstname.lastname@example.org (promotion, logos)
Nancy Beyer, Women's Technical Coordinator, 604-333-3497, email@example.com (WAG)
John Carroll, Men's Technical Coordinator, 604-333-3497, firstname.lastname@example.org (MAG)
Debbie McBoyle, Trampoline Gymnastic Coordinator, 604-333-3497, email@example.com (TG)