Event forms and faqs
Sanctioning a club event
- Gymnastics BC request for sanction for events outside of B.C.
- Participant list for events outside of B.C.
- Gymnastics Canada form A (request to participate in event/activity outside of Canada)
Sanctioning a club event
- Ensures a commitment by the event organizer that the event will be conducted in accordance with the FIG, Gymnastics Canada and Gymnastics BC rules.
- Ensures the event will be conducted in a fair and safe manner.
- Ensures the recognition of results (provided there is compliance with number 1 above).
- Ensures that the event meets a standard of quality required for sanctioning by Gymnastics BC.
- Liability Insurance: Required either through the coverage provided by Gymnastics BC or alternative insurance provided by the event organizer.
- Technical Assistance: Advice and support for the event where needed.
- Judges: Access to registered Gymnastics BC judges to officiate the event.
- Calendar of events: Listing and promotion on the GBC website and in various publiciations at no charge and identifies it as a Sanctioned Event.
- Equipment and services: Rental of artistic gymnastics equipment and scoring services (as available).
- Results: Posting of results on the GBC website.
- Event participation: Increases the base of potential entrants in your event with over 76 clubs throughout British Columbia.
- Logos: A sanctioned event has the right to use the Gymnastics BC logos to promote the fact that the provincial governing body has sanctioned the event.
Yes - GBC has negotiated a partnership with SOCAN to minimize the costs of license fees to our member clubs and the sanction fee includes the $5 SOCAN fee. SOCAN is a Canadian based organization that collects license fees, as set by the Copyright Board of Canada, for the playing or broadcasting live or recorded music.
Yes - clubs are required to sanction Interclub events with GBC. The sanctioning policy must be followed but no late fees will be applied. If the events are in conjunction with a competitive sanctioned event, there are no additional fees. Interclub events may occur on the same weekends as competitive events or other Interclub events.
All clubs must inform Gymnastics BC of any out of facility activities to ensure appropriate insurance coverage is available. This may include, but is not limited to, mall displays, parades, performances, demonstrations, hosted competitions).
See more here
Andrée Montreuil, Technical Director, 604-333-3491, email@example.com
Vanessa Albert, Communications & Marketing Manager, 604-333-3492, firstname.lastname@example.org (promotion, logos)
Chantelle Judd, Administrative & Events Coordinator, 604-333-3495, email@example.com (GymBC events)