There are a number of funding programs and grants that Gymnastics BC clubs and members can access.
Gymnastics BC Scholarships
Gymnastics BC scholarships are designed to assist our current members in their pursuit of post-secondary education. These Gymnastics BC Scholarships honour young British Columbia students who have:
- Shown outstanding leadership traits and skills in gymnastics and within their community.
- Demonstrated a personal contribution to gymnastics, their community, school and club.
- Demonstrated participation and achievements in gymnastics and other activities.
- Attained high scholastic achievements
BC Athlete Assistance Program
The BC Athlete Assistance Program (BCAAP) is a program funded by the BC Government which provides grants to provincial sport organizations and post-secondary institutions to help athletes train and compete.
The program objections are to:
- Focus support to athletes in the “training to compete” and “training to win” stages of Canadian Sport for Life – Long Term Athlete Development Model;
- Contribute to improved performances of Team BC athletes at the Canada Games;
- Increase the number of BC athletes reaching federal carding status thus expanding BC representation on national teams and at eligible major international multi-sport Games; and
- Assist BC athletes reach their athletic potential.
The BC government determines the amount each organization receives on a yearly basis.
viaSport, formerly the BC Sport Agency, will continue to fund existing 2010 Legacies Now programs that encourage sport participation and healthy living, develop high-performance athletes, and improve delivery of sport and recreation programs to benefit all B.C. residents.
There are a number of funds and grant aid programs that Gymnastics BC member clubs may wish to take advantage of.
British Columbians may choose to participate in a broad range of gaming activities, such as major lotteries, horse racing, slot machines and table games in casinos, and local licensed gaming events such as 50/50 draws.
The ministry's Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch regulates all gaming in British Columbia, including the operations of the British Columbia Lottery Corporation, which conducts and manages commercial gaming in the province.
KidSport was established in 1993 by Sport BC. KidSport is a community based sport-funding program that provides grants for children 18 and under to participate in a sport season of their choice. There are 40 community chapters in BC and over 175 chapters across Canada.
With the help from dedicated corporate partners, KidSport works to fulfill its mission of eliminating the financial barriers to sport participation, ‘So ALL Kids Can Play!’
National Sport Trust Fund
The National Sport Trust Fund (NSTF) is a philanthropic gift-giving program established through the Canadian Council of Provincial and Territorial Sport Federations (CCPTSF) for the development of amateur sport on a national level.
The CCPTSF is a Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association (RCAAA) with the Canada Revenue Agency (#88938 6868 RR0001).
As a RCAAA, the National Sport Trust Fund is able to issue an official tax receipt for all qualifying donations of $20 or greater. The CCPTSF has provincial chapters across Canada, with Sport BC as the Fund Manager of the BC chapter.
Chantelle Judd, Administrative Coordinator, 604-333-3495, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Forrester, CEO, 604-333-3490, email@example.com