All club members registered with Gymnastics BC receive coverage for accidents occurring during classes, practice and competition. This includes participants, coaches, judges, facilitators and supporters. It also covers members traveling as a group (three or more) to classes, practice or competition.
Accident insurance only provides coverage in situations where an injury takes place as a result of an incident during a sanctioned gymnastic activity.
GBC's accident insurance is secondary coverage only and does not provide primary accident insurance. It applies over and above coverage provided by government and private health insurance plans, and excludes expenses related to hospital and/or doctor visits.
The policy will not pay any benefits that are available under any government health insurance plan (BC Medical Plan), whether the Insured is enrolled in such a plan or not.
The Insurer will not pay any portion of an expense referred to in this policy which is payable under any insurance plan that you have available through
Accident policy specifics
For each separate accident, the policy may pay up to:
- Accidental death & dismemberment limit: $15,000
- Permanent total disability limit: $30,000
- Accident reimbursement limit*: $10,000 (costs not insured by the Provincial Medical Services Plan, including medical braces, emergency ambulance, excess physiotherapy, prescription drugs for the injury, etc)
- Dental accident limit: $5,000
- Fracture indemnity: From $50 to $500
- Coverage is world-wide
* Physiotherapy limited to $30 per visit with a maximum of $300 per accident.
* Treatment must be completed within 52-weeks from date of each accident
- Accident policy coverage applies only to appropriately registered members (ie. casual, recreational, interclub, competitive, coach, judge etc.)
- Accident policy coverage does not apply to birthday parties, one-time visitors, associate member programs, or other non-member activities.
- One-time visitors (non-members) may be party participants or guest participants in a one-time event. One-time events might include workshops and special event days such as bring-a-friend day, gym promotional days, parent days, etc.
- Drop-in participants are NOT considered one-time (non-member) visitors due to the need for a prior readiness assessment. These participants should be registered, at a minimum, as casual members if they drop-in 5 or fewer times annually, or recreational members if they drop-in more than 5 times annually.
General Liability Insurance
GBC's general liability insurance policy protects full member clubs and their registered members in the event of a lawsuit. A lawsuit may result from negligence for actual bodily injury to participants, spectators and other members of the public or to cover property damage arising out of GBC sanctioned activities.
The general liability insurance provides coverage up to $5,000,000 per occurrence. The policy will pay the legally obligated settlement or judgment against the insured for compensatory damages in the event of a lawsuit. This coverage also includes legal liability for injury to participants.
This policy covers all members of the club, including: executives, managers, coaches, trainers, officials, employees and volunteers who were acting within the scope of their duties on behalf of the full member club.
General Liability Policy Summary
- Limit: $5,000,000 each occurrence
- Errors & Omissions Liability (Directors & Officers / Wrongful Acts) Limit: $2,000,000 (oncludes Provincial, District and Club Directors)
- Insured – The association & affiliated clubs / teams including officers, directors, coaches, managers, officials, members, volunteers and employees
- Additional Insured – Further additional insured may be considered and approved upon submission to GBC
- Participant coverage is included in addition to third party exposure
- Additional riders include Non-Owned Automobile Liability (not physical damage), Tenants Legal Liability
- Coverage is World-Wide
- This is NOT a property insurance policy! All equipment and/or buildings or other property must be insured separately by the club.
- All Sport Insurance can provide additional coverage if required
Brittany Cawson, Member Services Coordinator, 604-333-3498, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Forrester, CEO, 604-333-3490, email@example.com