BC Championships

The BC Championships are the largest and most prestigious annual gymnastics event in the province. Throughout the course of this competition, athletes compete for the title of Provincial Champion. 

The BC Championships are held each spring for both artistic gymnastics and trampoline; the events are generally held in April, in various communities throughout the province. Member clubs are encouraged to host the championships with the guidance of Gymnastics BC; they can choose to host the artistic and trampoline championships together, or host the championships for one of the two disciplines. 

BC Artistic Compulsory Gymnastics Championships

As of 2019, Gymnastics BC is introducing a new annual provincial championships for athletes who train in the JO 1, JO 2, JO 3, JO 4 and JO 5 categories. This competition is a unique opportunity to showcase our young upcoming athletes in a fun and exciting event. The BC WAG Compulsory Provincial Championships will be held in late spring each year in various communities around the province.  

Upcoming events




Call for Club Hosts 

Why host the BC Championships?

The BC Artistic gymnastics and/or Trampoline Provincial Championships offer an exciting opportunity for full member clubs to be involved in planning and coordinating this three-day event. In addition to helping grow and enhance the event, the BC Championships may benefit your club by:

•    Raising your profile amongst gymnastics providers;
•    Showcasing your club and community;
•    Establishing a collaborative relationship with Gymnastics BC; and
•    Raising funds for your club.

Gymnastics BC manages the organization of the BC Championships in conjunction with the club host.

Event budget and revenue

One budget, including all expenses and revenues, will be developed by the host club with assistance from GBC as required. It is the responsibility of the host club to manage the budget before, during and after the event.

GBC will collect event registration fees from the Gymnastics BC Championships registrants. Prior to the championships, GBC will remit 80 percent of the registration fees to the host club, less $10 per registered participant. The remaining 20 percent will be paid upon successful completion of the event.

See also


Leanne James, Administration and Events Coordinator, 604-333-3495, ljames@gymbc.org