Risk Management Forms
JUNE 10, 2020
Following our Virtual Town Hall Recap announcement yesterday, we have finalized three risk management forms that all member clubs must implement immediately.
Each required form is linked separately below, and GBC’s Return to Sport Plan appendices will be updated shortly.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement
Each individual member (parent/guardian if participant is under age 19) must complete a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement. Clubs must file and retain this form in long-term storage. Scan it and save electronically or physically file it.
Participant Declaration of Compliance Form
Each individual member must complete a Participant Declaration of Compliance form (following each club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan requirements). This document acts as each participant’s commitment to comply with club requirements. This document must be signed by each participant and their parent/guardian if the participant is under 19 years of age. Clubs must file and retain this form in long-term storage. Scan it and save electronically or physically file it.
- Editable form available here (word doc)
Club Declaration of Compliance Form
Each club Owner/Board Chair must complete and submit a Club Declaration of Compliance form to email@example.com. This document acts as each club’s commitment to comply with the requirements set out by GBC, viaSport, BC’s PHO, and WorkSafeBC.
What to Do Before Reopening
In order to reopen, each club must first:
- Develop a club-specific COVID-19 Safety Plan which complies with all requirements set out in GBC’s Return to Sport Plan.
- Have the club Board of Directors or Owner formally approve their club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Complete and send the approved club-specific COVID-19 Safety Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org, including its date of approval. Please note: GBC is NOT approving club plans, but will be filing them with club declarations.
- Identify a COVID-19 Club Representative. The COVID-19 Club Representative will act as the main point of contact with GBC, should issues or complaints arise.
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Club Declaration to email@example.com.
If severe and/or repeated offences and allegations arise about a club not complying with provincial requirements (including GBC Return to Sport Plan, viaSport Return to Sport Guidelines, PHO orders and recommendations, and government orders, bans, and recommendations) GBC requirements or not adhering to their own COVID-19 Safety Plan, GBC’s Board of Directors may take a variety of actions to manage and address compliance.
Our Commitment to You
We understand and respect that this is an unprecedented time of difficulty for the sports community, and that the transition back into resuming operations may require increased support. If you require any support, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, the safety and wellness of our community members, and the general public is Gymnastics BC’s top priority.
As we move forward together, our commitment is to provide you with up-to-date information as soon it becomes available.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.