2023-24 Membership Fees
The fees below were approved at the 2022 GymBC AGM.
All members receive member services associated with joining Gymnastics BC either as a club or individual member.
Membership fees are valid from September 1 to August 31 of each year.
Members who are involved in multiple roles are registered in all categories and pay only the highest membership fee (i.e. a competitive athlete who is also a recreational coach will only pay the competitive athlete fee, but they will be registered in two roles; competitive athlete and recreational coach).
Gymnastics BC membership fees include insurance as well as an $8 (per individual) Gymnastics Canada membership fee, where applicable.
2023-24 Fees By Membership Category
GymBC Member club $550 ($600 if after August 31)
Associate member $0
Auxiliary member $50
Casual participant* $15
Recreational participant/athlete $43
(includes Masters/Adult Competitive)
Interclub Athlete $57
Competitive Athlete $165
(MAG / WAG / TG / Acro)
Coach / Judge / Supporter $35
incl: Volunteer, Board Member, Club Staff
Independent Competitive Athlete $360
Recreational to competitive $122 ($43 → $165)
21 days before competition
Interclub to competitive $108 ($57 → $165)
21 days before competition
*Beginning with the 2023-24 membership year the Casual participant membership category increased the number of visits permitted from five (5) to eight (8) visits (between Sep 1 and Jun 30) and will also permit unlimited Jul/Aug summer programming visits (effective July 2024).
Casual membership is non-transferrable between clubs, so if an individual participates as a casual participant at more than one club, they will be required to pay the Casual membership fee at each club. This is due to difficulty in coordinating and tracking the number of visits between multiple clubs.
Please contact GymBC's Member Services Manager if you have any questions.
Zone fees are set by the individual zones for regional development and to offset costs of regional activities.
Zone fees are in addition to the Gymnastics BC membership fees. Zone fees are applied per athlete except for trampoline program participants and casual participants. For more details on specific zone fees, please contact your zone chair.
2023-24 Membership Year
Zone Fees per athlete
Zone 1 Recreational $6 | Competitive $6
Zone 2 Recreational $2 | Competitive $5
Zone 3 Recreational n/a | Competitive $5
Zone 4 Recreational n/a | Competitive $5
Zone 5 Recreational n/a | Competitive $3
Zone 6 Recreational n/a | Competitive n/a
Zone 7 Recreational $5 | Competitive $10
Zone 8 Recreational $5 | Competitive $8
Description of Member Categories
- Casual participant: As of the 2023-24 membership year, a casual participant can attend eight times or fewer, casually (or in short programs) between Sep 1 and Jun 30, and can attend an unlimited number of visits during July and August.
This registration category does NOT include the use of any trampoline devices, unless participating in structured recreational programs (considered regularly-scheduled programs over multiple weeks or multiple days in one week that teach progressive skill development) using CanJump Levels 1-4 under proper coach supervision.
- Recreational participant: A recreational participant takes part in GymBC member club programming nine times or more throughout the year. Gymnastics for All (recreational) programs include: artistic, trampoline*, acrobatic, aerobic, rhythmic gymnastics, parkour, basic cheerleading, adaptive/inclusive, Parent & Tot**, and basic circus arts.
* Recreational Trampoline includes CanJump programming Levels 1 to 12.
** Parent & Tot: Parents/Guardian do not need to register as GymBC members, but they must sign waivers.
This registration category does NOT include the use of any trampoline devices for PARKOUR and/or CHEERLEADING participants. Click here for more information about GymBC’s Trampoline Insurance coverage.
Recreational participants may take part in GymBC-sanctioned Gymnaestrada events, but may not take part in GymBC Interclub or Competitive sanctioned events.
See GymBC’s Gymnastics for All Operations Manual for more detailed information.
- Interclub athlete: Athletes who participate in GymBC-sanctioned Interclub events.
- Competitive athlete: Athletes who pursue the competitive aspects of gymnastics and competes in GymBC sanctioned competitions (at any level). This includes the disciplines of artistic and trampoline gymnastics
- Masters (adult) competitive athlete: Masters competitive athletes who participate in GymBC sanctioned Masters (adult) events at any level.
- Independent athletes: Independent athletes are athletes who are in bad standing with a member club, training at another member club and wishing to participate in a competition or Interclub event. The athlete pays the appropriate membership fee and the per event registration fee ($200 – max three days).
- Pre-Coach in Training (Pre-CIT): An individual who is taking or has completed the two year Pre CIT club level training program for 13 to 15 year olds who have not yet taken NCCP training.
- Recreational Coach: An individual who coaches recreational gymnasts. This includes Gymnastics for All programs which may include: ActiveStart, parent-tot, preschool, school aged, adult, special needs, Interclub, acrobatic, associate member programs and one-time visitor programs such as birthday parties and special events.
- Competitive Coach: An individual who coaches competitive athletes and/or cheerleading participants.
- Coach Developer: An individual who is certified to facilitate NCCP Courses (Learning Facilitator or Coach Evaluator).
- Judge: An individual who is actively judging competitions in any discipline: artistic, trampoline and/or aerobic gymnastics.
- Volunteer: An individual, with or without club affiliation, who supports the sport of gymnastics (i.e. members of the club’s board of directors, individual parents who help with club activities such as driving, helping set up equipment, concessions and committees etc.)
- Staff: An individual who works at the club but is not a coach (or athlete). This could include administrative or maintenance staff.
- Honorary: An individual who is honored by Gymnastics BC as a Life Member.